As you know SHI Symbol International has teamed up with The Top Travel Club for fabulous savings and special offers that save you $$$ each and every time you travel. Click HERE to see how you can save today.
Not only that, but there is also a generous program in place to help any charity/cause/project that needs assistance with fundraising. Contact email@example.com to see how we can help you.
Yes, there’s more – very very shortly, we will be able to announce another extra special amazing travel and shopping offer that SHI Symbol will provide to all SHI Symbol purchasers.
So whether you’re Single or in a relationship, planning that holiday to Australia, the US, Europe or any of the points in between and if you love going on a shopping spree – watch this space for how you can take advantage of this super duper deal soon to be launched.
Posted in adventure travel, air travel, Australia, cause, charity, dating, Friends, friendship, fundraising, project, relationships, shi symbol, shopping, single, Single Happy Interested, singles, TheTopTravelClub, travel
Tagged Australia, cause, charity, Europe, fundraising, project, relationship, Santa Catarina, shi symbol, shopping, singles, thetoptravelclub.com, travel, UK, US
Pick Up Lines
Anyone who’s spent time in the single’s scene has no doubt been subject to an array of bad pick-up lines, from giggle-inducing gems (“Are your legs tired, ‘cause you’ve been running through my mind all night”) to un-original fallbacks (“You have beautiful eyes” – that’s right, they’re up here). At best, they might give you a laugh and at worst they may make you throw up a little in your mouth. But guys keep trying, god love ‘em, and here are some of the best efforts.
- “Bond…James Bond.” This is just funny. It would make me laugh, or at the very least, I’d let him buy me a drink.
- “Let’s have breakfast tomorrow. Should I call you or nudge you?” The success of this depends entirely on delivery. If he’s super suave, he might get away with it.
- “If I had a nickel for every time I saw someone as beautiful as you, I’d have five cents.” This is unusual in that it’s actually kind of good. It’s a new take on the “You have beautiful eyes” number, but much more effective. If delivered in a sincere fashion, this one could be really sweet.
- “Haven’t you seen me somewhere before?” This one may make you do a double take, and anything that extends the conversation counts as a winning pick-up line.
- “If I told you you had a nice body, would you hold it against me?” Okay, this one is not new, but at least it shows a little effort and an understanding of the tricky art of double entendre.
- “I lost my teddy bear, will you sleep with me?” This one is unusual in the worst way. It not only gives off a creepy, stalker vibe, it also says you have spaceship sheets and your “roommate” is your mom. Ick.
- “You don’t sweat much for a fat chick.” Has anyone in the history of dating ever made this line work?! I think not.
- “Do you work for AT&T? ‘Cause you’re raising my bar.” This is another on the long list of occupational pick-up lines, but at least it’s current.
- “I may not be the best-looking guy here, but I’m the only one talking to you.” This one could go either way. It’s pretty insulting, but also self-deprecating, so it really depends on the girl (and how drunk she is).
- “Let me read your future.” This is accompanied by the guy taking your hand and writing his phone number on it. Cute and confident. If he does it enough, maybe someone will call back.
Guest Post by Bob of Diabetes Forum where you can find information on diabetes treatment and diabetes news.
Editor PS – You don’t have to worry about weird and wonderful pick up lines when you have a SHI Symbol. Remember you can wear it or use it 24/7, anywhere, anytime and it will be your perfect conversation starter to help meet your match.
So start spotting that someone YOU’D like to chat to and go for it with confidence – and your SHI Symbol!
Posted in AIDS, beauty, dating, Diabetes, friend, Friends, friendship, girls, James Bond, love, matchmaking, meet your match, meeting people, men, Miss World Australia, Pick Up Lines, romance, shi symbol, Single Happy Interested, singles
Tagged dating, Diabetes Forum, James Bond, meeting your match, pick up lines, shi symbol, single
If you’re SHI, chances are you’ve been trying to figure out a way to broaden your singles experience beyond just the bars and the clubs. Or maybe you’re a person who doesn’t even really like hanging around bars. Where do you go to meet new people? Honestly, bars and clubs aren’t the only places to meet new people. Single, Happy and Interested people can be found in all sorts of spots where you wouldn’t even thing of looking. They’re hidden in the most unlikely places. All that you have to do is look!
The Book Store
Who's SHI ?
This is a great little nook where no one seems to think about looking for singles. There are few other places where you can find a huge group of very intelligent single people all in the same place. Best of all, meeting people in this venue is extremely easy. All that you have to do is peak over at the book that the person next to you is about to buy. If it’s something that you’re interested in, make a comment, and them *boom* you’ve just met a new person.
Your Thursday Evening Class
School is THE singles hookup. Take a class on a Tuesday or Thursday night, then take the SHI single you meet there out for a drink on Friday! Foreign language classes and music classes always seem to attract interesting people.
The Grocery Store
I can’t even begin to count the number of Single, Happy and Interested people I’ve met at the grocery store. You’ve just got to keep your eyes open and you’ll see that this place is a hotbed for singles action.
Your Exercise or Yoga Group
A Yoga group is a great place to meet new people.
a heck of a way to eyeball each other!
I know this from personal experience. In fact, I met my current girlfriend at a yoga group. She was right in front of me stretching every Monday and Wednesday afternoon, and before long we hit it off and it became something beautiful. And this type of story is by no means uncommon.
Your Neighborhood Film Club
If you’re a film buff, this is a great way to meet people who share your interests. Almost every town has one of these, and I’ve met some of the coolest people when I’ve attended the one in my home town. A great film is always an excellent basis for conversation. At my club, we used to go out for drinks or coffee afterward and talk endlessly about our thoughts on whichever pretentious art film we’d decided to watch that week.
Now this may sound like a long shot (or a joke) but it’s not. If you’re religious, church is THE singles hookup. And thankfully, many churches in America are much more open than they used to be. So even if you are a part of the LGBT community, finding a great church where you can be spiritually enriched and meet some SHI singles at the same time is easier than ever.
The AccessRX writing team has hundreds of articles published online and in print, covering everything from sexual health, to dating advice, entertainment and more. The AccessRX Blog has a wealth of information and prescribes a number of FDA approved medications such as Cialis Online
Posted in book, book store, church, couple, dating, exercise, film club, friend, Friends, friendship, Gay, gay friendly, girls, GLBT, grocery store, guys, happiness, Happy and Interested, LGBT, love, meet your match, meeting people, men, partner, relationships, romance, sexy men, shi symbol, single, Single Happy Interested, singles, Venus, women
Tagged bar, book, church, club, dating, exercise, film, grocery store, Happy, Interested, LGBT, meet your match, meeting people, men, partner, SHI, shi symbol, single, singles, women, yoga
First dates have evolved considerably since the Middle Ages, when a couples´ introduction to each other may not have been until they met at the altar! Dating has now become an industry in its own right with books, magazines and web sites dedicated to ensuring that you select the right place to go, are suitably attired and create a flawless impression with your potential partner. Advice is frequently offered on how to avoid the mundane and make that first encounter special, and inasmuch as a film, dinner or riverboat ride may be romantic, we cannot all afford to do it in Paris (which would be memorable!). So, here are a few suggestions for making that never-to-be-forgotten first date, which will tell you more about your potential partner than just the way they slurp their spaghetti.
Paintball. Starting a new relationship in a fight! Is this such a good idea? Well, provided you are both on the same side, you will be working together as a couple to ensure that the team you are in achieve their objective. Paintballing can be a lot of fun, and involves planning, strategy and teamwork as well as the physical element of pumping emulsion into each other a lá Tarantino. Tip 1. If your female partner greets this suggestion with more enthusiasm than you anticipated – worry!
Star Trek Convention
Elvis/Star Trek/Rocky Horror Show Conventions
These are fantastic opportunities to dress up as your idol or favorite character and exchange stories about your most precious moments. The chance is that you will discover more about each other than you would have at a movie, and this will be an event that you always look back on and make part of your future plans. Tip 2. If your male partner looks better than you in make-up and stockings, you may want to re-consider this option.
Acupuncture to Stop Smoking. You may have first made eye contact sheltering from the elements as you take a cigarette break from the office, but now you want to take the relationship further. What better way to start a future life together than committing to give up smoking and making an appointment to see an acupuncturist? Tip 3. Do not bring your cigarettes with you on this date!
Visit a Psychic. This is a make or break first date. No need to worry about what your friends think about your new potential partner. Forget about what your horoscope says in the dailies. Consult somebody who is supposed to know which way your life is going and who with, and you will find out whether this relationship is doomed to failure or if you will live happily ever after. Tip 4. Go dutch on this date – just in case!
Get a Tattoo. Getting a tattoo is possibly a step further than most people expecting a pizza and cup of coffee would have anticipated on their first date. However, if you know that your date has an interest in tattooing, the emotional and physical act of indelibly marking your skin will leave more than a lasting image on your body! Tip 5. If your partner intends to engrave your name all over their body, you may have a “Fatal Attraction” problem.
Dog Obedience Classes. If you share a love of mans best friend, then there is a good chance that you will be compatible too. However, dogs can reflect their owners´ characteristics, so if your partner’s dog refuses to follow simple commands this may be an indication of what the future holds! Attending a dog obedience class is a great opportunity for you and your dogs to bond, and will be a sharing experience that you will always remember. Tip 6. You will both need a dog!
Guest Post by Massage Therapy, the premier online resource for those trying to locate a massage therapy school.
Ed – And – hey – here’s another great first date idea – give each other a relaxing foot therapy – reflexology is renowned for getting your body tuned up, putting you in a peaceful space and generally giving you the greatest opportunity to make the most of your first date! And if you can’t do this to each other, book in for a ‘couples’ foot massage at your local massage center!
Posted in acupuncture, candlelight, couple, dating, dog obedience, friend, Friends, friendship, girls, guys, love, massage, men, paintball, partner, photography, photos, relationships, romance, shi symbol, single, singles, tattoo, therapy, women
Tagged acupuncture, boat, conventions, date, dating, dinner, dog obedience class, Elvis, eye contact, film, first date, girls, guys, love, massage, men, paintball, Paris, partner, psychic, Rocky HOrror, romance, school, Star Trek, stop smoking, tattoo, therapy, women
I’m still plodding my way with this blogging. So, although when I received this amazing powerpoint presentation it had music and so on, when I put it on this blog it had to be a ppt file and not a pps file and this doesn’t come with music for some reason.
Bottom line, click on the first link for Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata and then open a new browser window with this same blog, and then click on the second link for the presentation. You won’t be disappointed. There’s only one word for it – awesome – or 2, utterly awesome!
And for those of you who are dating, what better way to enjoy each other’s company than a moonlit picnic – romantic or what!!! These pics and this haunting music will definitely inspire you.
Click this link first:
Remember, open a new browser window and then click on this second link so you end up with the music playing simultaneous to the powerpoint presentation below.
Many ways to look at the moon
Just to whet your appetite a little – view a few of the amazing images you will find in this glorious presentation – there are plenty more to delight you, I promise.
moon pic and oh the colors
Simply Stunning - and to think man has walked on that moon!
Isn't nature wonderful - even if I'm not that into bugs!
I know I wish I could do that sometimes - don't you?
Posted in Beethoven, dating, First Movement, friend, Friends, friendship, love, moon, Moonlight Sonata, outdoor activities, partner, picnic, relationships, romance, single, Single Happy Interested, singles, therapy
Tagged Beethoven, dating, insect, moon, moon rising, Moonlight Sonata, moonscapes, photography, photos, powerpoint
Who are today’s top single celebrities and what do they give to others? Here’s our list:
- George Clooney – Who doesn’t want an experienced man with a villa in Italy?
George Clooney - and definitely my pick!
Politically active (smart!), voted Sexiest Man Alive, and an award winning actor… This one’s a catch. Maybe THE catch, since he’s sworn off marriage. He works with Not on Our Watch – a charity that brings the spotlight on the genocide in Darfur.
- Robert Pattinson – Introduced to us via Twilight he has girls swooning, young and old. You’ll have to beat the fans off with a stick, but it’s worth the effort. Robert has been a part of charity auctions and is known to support the American Foundation for AIDS Research.
- Adam Levine – Lead singer for Maroon 5 is one hot star. He likes confidence in a woman, so be sure to bring yours! Maroon 5 has played for many charitable events.
- Mario Lopez – He’s been breaking hearts since his Saved by the Bell days, but ladies, he’s all grown up. He’s a player, divorced, and struts, but then he flashes those dimples and takes off his shirt so you forgive him for it. Mario has been known to support Eva’s Heroes, Padres Contra el Cancer, and Ronald McDonald House Charities.
- Gerard Butler – The sexy star just finished The Bounty Hunter, but who could forget him in the lead of 300. The Scot loves to date, but it’ll have to be someone who can handle his schedule. Gerard has been known to support Artists for Peace and Justice.
Leonardo Dicaprio - Titanic Star
- Leonardo DiCaprio – A leading man for years, who hasn’t wanted to be Rose Dawson for just a little bit? The Titanic star is known for his passionate environmental support. He has supported at least 10 known charities, and has his own, the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, which focuses on global warming and energy resources.
- Sharon Stone – Still hot years after Basic Instinct, she’s a divorced mom. She’s outspoken about education about strokes, and a spokesperson for AIDS research. Single, smart, hip, and hot. People has even voted her as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world.
- Jennifer Aniston – The former Friends star turned big screen star knows how
Jennifer Aniston - Celebrity Single who's generous too
to pick ‘em, so you better bring your best game. No really, who else can say, “Brad Pitt is my ex.” She’s confident and smart, and needs the same in a man. Jennifer is known to contribute to at least 14 separate charitable organizations, one of which is Habitat for Humanity.
- Keira Knightly – She can swing a sword, what more can you say? Pirates of the Caribbean and Atonement star, she’s on her way up. Young, she’s probably not looking for a lifelong commitment, but maybe you can have some fun along the way! Keira has appeared in outreaches for domestic violence.
- Reese Witherspoon – The list would not be complete without her! Sweet
enough to take home to mama, and smart enough to swap words with, she’s got a stellar career, and a solid grasp of reality. A divorcee and a mom, she has what it takes to go the distance. Reese in known to contribute to many charitable organizations, one of which is the Children’s Defense Fund.
- Tyra Banks – Former supermodel turned television empire, this is one busy lady with a good head on her shoulders. Are you the one who can take her on? Fierce! Tyra started her own Foundation to support Tzone, a foundation to empower girls and young women.
- Kim Kardashian – Since she just broke up with Reggie Bush, this hot reality star is back in the dating game! She’s also a giver… She gives regularly to several charities including the Dream Foundation, which grants wishes to adults with life limiting illnesses.
This is not an exhaustive list by far! Celebrities are known for their generosity. Who can you name?
The lovely Sarah Harris provided this very insightful Celebrity List of generous Singles. Sarah’s other claim to fame is in helping brides-to-be plan everything for that special moment. So, if you’re a bridesmaid or groomsman and want to provide that extra bit of help, do check out this information. Might save you a lot of blood, sweat and tears!
Wedding planning advice is a blog for brides created to help them stress less by providing honest and unbiased wedding advice, ideas, and tips. Topics we focus on include wedding planning, wedding invitations, preowned wedding dresses, wedding flowers, weddings on a budget, and of course the bride and groom.
Posted in Adam Levine, AIDS, Atonement, benefit, charity, dating, Friends, George Clooney, Gerard Butler, Jennifer Aniston, Keira Knightly, Kim Kardashian, Leonardo Dicaprio, Mario Lopez, maroon 5, marriage, married, Pirates of the Caribbean, Reese Witherspoon, Robert Pattinson, sex, sexiest man, sexiest woman, Sharon Stone, single, singles, The Bounty Hunter, The Titanic, Titanic, Twilight, Tyra Banks, wedding
Tagged Adam Levine, AIDS, Atonement, Basic Instinct, Celebrity, charitable, charity, Friends, George Clooney, Gerard Butler, Jennifer Aniston, Keira Knightly, Kim Kardashian, Leonardo DiCapriio, Mario Lopez, Maroon5, Pirates of the Caribbean, Reese Witherspoon, Robert Pattinson, Ronald McDonald, sexiest man, sexiest woman, Sharon Stone, single, The Bounty Hunter, Titanic, Twilight, Tyra Banks, wedding