Anyone who’s spent time in the single’s scene has no doubt been subject to an array of bad pick-up lines, from giggle-inducing gems (“Are your legs tired, ‘cause you’ve been running through my mind all night”) to un-original fallbacks (“You have beautiful eyes” – that’s right, they’re up here). At best, they might give you a laugh and at worst they may make you throw up a little in your mouth. But guys keep trying, god love ‘em, and here are some of the best efforts.
- “Bond…James Bond.” This is just funny. It would make me laugh, or at the very least, I’d let him buy me a drink.
- “Let’s have breakfast tomorrow. Should I call you or nudge you?” The success of this depends entirely on delivery. If he’s super suave, he might get away with it.
- “If I had a nickel for every time I saw someone as beautiful as you, I’d have five cents.” This is unusual in that it’s actually kind of good. It’s a new take on the “You have beautiful eyes” number, but much more effective. If delivered in a sincere fashion, this one could be really sweet.
- “Haven’t you seen me somewhere before?” This one may make you do a double take, and anything that extends the conversation counts as a winning pick-up line.
- “If I told you you had a nice body, would you hold it against me?” Okay, this one is not new, but at least it shows a little effort and an understanding of the tricky art of double entendre.
- “I lost my teddy bear, will you sleep with me?” This one is unusual in the worst way. It not only gives off a creepy, stalker vibe, it also says you have spaceship sheets and your “roommate” is your mom. Ick.
- “You don’t sweat much for a fat chick.” Has anyone in the history of dating ever made this line work?! I think not.
- “Do you work for AT&T? ‘Cause you’re raising my bar.” This is another on the long list of occupational pick-up lines, but at least it’s current.
- “I may not be the best-looking guy here, but I’m the only one talking to you.” This one could go either way. It’s pretty insulting, but also self-deprecating, so it really depends on the girl (and how drunk she is).
- “Let me read your future.” This is accompanied by the guy taking your hand and writing his phone number on it. Cute and confident. If he does it enough, maybe someone will call back.
Editor PS – You don’t have to worry about weird and wonderful pick up lines when you have a SHI Symbol. Remember you can wear it or use it 24/7, anywhere, anytime and it will be your perfect conversation starter to help meet your match.
So start spotting that someone YOU’D like to chat to and go for it with confidence – and your SHI Symbol!